Sunday, August 8, 2010

Great Grandma Dena's Apple Crisp

I love apples. There I said it. :) I love them plain and raw, and I especially love them in desserts. Perhaps the easiest and most reliable apple dessert I have is an Apple Crisp from my Great Grandma Dena. It's the perfect balance of butter, sugar, and cinnamon to top any bunch of apples - anytime, especially in the fall but when you find yourself on a hot August night with a bunch of apples that haven't lived up to your eating-raw expectations and absolutely no chocolate in the house - it's the perfect solution.

Here's the recipe in case you find yourself in the same pickle.





Great Grandma Dena's Apple Crisp


4-6 cups  apples, sliced
1 Tbs  lemon juice
1/4 cup  white flour
1/4 cup  wheat flour
1 cup  rolled oats
1/2 cup  brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp
1/3 cup 
salt
butter, melted




Place apples in a greased 13x9 shallow pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes until nicely browned.



Servings: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment